University and College Transfer Arrangements in BC and Yukon
By Anne Maclean
This information is current as of October 2007. Please check the school profiles on Campus Starter for updates.
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
Access and Transfer Programs:
• Technology Entry (TE)
• Trades Discovery General
• Trades Discovery for Women
• Degree Transfer in Science and Technology
Other transfer credits:
• Advanced Placement
• Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR)
• Individual Course Credit
• University transfer courses
• Certificate, diploma, and associate degree programs
• A member of the South Island High School Partnerships Program: allows Grade 11 and 12 students to take post-secondary courses while still in high school.
Camosun currently has 17 program transfer arrangements:
• BC Institute of Technology
• BC Open University
• Fraser Valley University College
• Malaspina University College
• Royal Roads University
• Simon Fraser University
• Thompson Rivers University
• University of British Columbia
• UBC Okanagan & Okanagan College
• University of Northern BC
• University of Victoria
• Athabasca University
• Lethbridge University
• University of Regina
• University of Ottawa
• California State University at Long Beach
• Northern Michigan College
• Over 750 university transfer courses in academic and professional programs
• Citation, certificate, and diploma programs
• Most university transfer courses and programs allow you to transfer to the University of British Columbia, the University of Victoria, Simon Fraser University, or the University of Northern British Columbia at the first or second-year level
• Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees
• General Associate degree
• Specialized Associate degree with concentrations in Applied Ethics, Art History, Biology, British Columbia Studies, Chemistry, Computing Science, Creative Writing, CultureNet (Culture and Technology), English, Global Stewardship, Mathematics, Psychology and Physics
• Advanced Placement
• International Baccalaureate Courses
• Prior Learning Assessment
• Pre-university transfer courses in chemistry, English and mathematics
College of New Caledonia (CNC)
• University level courses
• Pre-professional programs in chiropractic, dentistry, law, medicine, naturopathic medicine, optometry, pharmaceutical science, rehabilitation science, and veterinary medicine.
• Diploma programs in accounting and finance, criminology, human kinetics, marketing & management, social work and other disciplines; equivalent to the first two years of university study.
• Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degrees; equivalent to the first two years of university study. CNC's associate degrees can give you preferential admission to the University of Northern British Columbia and Simon Fraser University.
College of the Rockies
• Grants transfer credits for many certificate, diploma and associate degree programs, but at least 25% of the credit must be completed at the College of the Rockies.
• Requires a minimum grade point average of "C" for credit towards the Associate Degrees in Arts or Science.
• Advanced Placement Course Recognition for first-year courses in biology, calculus, computer science, and English.
• Articulation agreements with regional school districts in the fields of culinary arts, business administration, applied business technology, leisure and recreation services management, and trades training.
• Partnership degree programs with Royal Roads University (applied communications, criminology, and justice studies), Simon Fraser University (criminology), the University College of the Fraser Valley (criminal justice), and the University of Victoria (nursing, teacher education).
• Offers over 500 courses in 35 subject areas, mostly at the first- and second-year levels, which can be used as transfer credits to other post-secondary