College News and Events

I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?

  • Mon, February 18, 2019
  • |
  • British Columbia
  • |
  • Govenment of Canada
Yes. You may be eligible to work in Canada while studying and after you graduate. As a study permit holder, you may qualify to work on-campus or off-campus without an additional work permit if you meet specific criteria. If your academic, professional or vocational training program includes an essential co-op or internship component, you will need to apply for a work permit. You may also apply for a post-graduation work permit to continue working in Canada after you graduate from an eligible institution.